The Solent Half is our half marathon
held in the Autumn. It is a friendly race with up to 500 entries and a
lovely course winding through the New Forest around Exbury and along the Solent
shore at Lepe.
This year's race - Sunday 28 September 2014
Your feedback from 2013 was so encouraging that we have decided to do it again. The cost is £18 (affiliated) and £20 unaffiliated. The date is Sunday 28 September. If you are a regular at the New Forest Half, which is sadly not taking place this year, then you will find the Solent Half is a good alternative with plenty of heather and New Forest ponies plus a stretch at Lepe with great sea views.
Click here to enter
We are also repeating the successful 1.5K Junior Fun Run for children from 5 to 12..
Here's some background information about the race.
- The 10.00am Start and the Finish will be at Gang Warily Recreation Centre, Newlands Road, Blackfield, Hampshire, SO45 1GA.
- Please collect your race number and timing chip from the sports hall between 08.30 and 09.30.
- Car parking is free but please car share if possible as spaces are limited.
- maps showing the course
- No entries on the day
- SEAA permit applied for
- Chip timing. Pick up your number and chip on the day.
- Accurately measured course
- Start and finish on grass
- The minimum age for entry is 17 years on race day
- We regret that the course is unsuitable for wheelchair athletes
- The course must be completed on foot (no blades, cycles etc permitted)
- Course cut off is 3 hours from the start time
- The use of personal headphones (e.g. mp3 players) is prohibited
- Results will be published on www.hardleyrunners.co.uk
- All proceeds to local charities
- Pre and post-race massage available
- Cake will be on sale after the race at very reasonable prices
- Here's a list of entrants.
Previous results and pictures
Click here for previous results back to 2006.
The contents of this site are © Hardley Runners unless otherwise stated.
Last updated 16-Sep-2014.
Contact the webmaster if you have any problems or want to reproduce any material.