The Solent Half is our half marathon
held in the Autumn. It is a friendly race with up to 500 entries and a
lovely course winding through the New Forest around Exbury and along the Solent
shore at Lepe.
This year's race - Sunday 28 September 2014
Your feedback from 2013 (see below for examples) was so encouraging that we have decided to do it again. The cost is £18 (affiliated) and £20 unaffiliated. The date is Sunday 28 September.
Click here to enter
If you are a regular at the New Forest Half, which is sadly not taking place this year, then you will find the Solent Half is a good alternative with plenty of heather and New Forest ponies plus a stretch at Lepe with great sea views.
We are also repeating the successful 1.5K Junior Fun Run for children from 5 to 12..
Here's some background information about the 2013 race. 2014 will be similar.
- No entries on the day
- SEAA permit applied for
- Chip timing. Pick up your number and chip on the day.
- Accurately measured course
- Start and finish on grass
- The minimum age for entry is 17 years on race day
- We regret that the course is unsuitable for wheelchair athletes
- The course must be completed on foot (no blades, cycles etc permitted)
- Course cut off is 3 hours from the start time
- The use of personal headphones (e.g. mp3 players) is prohibited
- Results will be published on www.hardleyrunners.co.uk
- All proceeds to local charities
- Pre and post-race massage available
Here are some sample comments about the 2013 race
- A huge thank you to all Hardley Runners (& 1 Totton Runner) for making the Solent Half Marathon a memorable event ,for all the runners taking part today. Without your support & time the event would not have taken place. The feedback as usual acknowledges the friendly marshals,car parking team& those lucky enough to be in the hall this year !
Thank you again, Chris & Terry. (race directors)
- ... another superbly organised Solent half. A great job! You even kept the rain at bay.
Just looked back over my time in the 1985 Blackfield half and see that I was a minute faster today. Nice to imagine that you can hold back the sands of time just a little longer :-)
- As a helper and a runner in this my first exposure to the Hardley Solent Half Marathon, I would like to express my thanks to all those involve in organising the event, and supporting the event throughout the course, it was a great day, not only for me because I managed to beat my PB, and other runners I meet at the end, also agreeing it was a great course, and that the marshals support was excellent, to which I only could agree with, though having a Hardley shirt on it was a bit of a give away that I may be biased.
Well done guys and girls, a happy Hardly runner
- Also a very big thank you from me, you made my job very easy. It was so good that there were so many of you helping to clear up at the end, it meant we could all get home out of the rain quicker. See you all next year. Judy
- Comments on Runners World - Please add yours if you liked the race!
Previous results and pictures
Click here for previous results back to 2006.
The contents of this site are © Hardley Runners unless otherwise stated.
Last updated 08-Aug-2014.
Contact the webmaster if you have any problems or want to reproduce any material.